Shower drain back flow...

Hi All,

About a week ago, I noticed that shower drain wasn't draining as fast as it usually did - cleaned it - though there wasn't anything that appeared to block it.

Ran shower again, and noticed same thing... also noticed that at the very end, there appears to be a back flow of water surging up from the drain and then back into it again. I've tried drain unclogging liquid (suspecting it may have been something) but the problem seems to be still there.

Any ideas on what may be causing it or how to fix it?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John Shepard

I've had some drain problems in my shower like this before, and it turned out that my sewer line from the house was cracked. It only appeared to be a slow drain, but when a lot of water ran from the shower and sink, it would slowly back up. I even noticed some black sludge in the shower tub after I flushed the sink which told me there was a definite problem. Hope it's not the same for you.

Good luck, Stacey

John Shepard wrote:

Reply to
girlnextdoor

I've had some drain problems in my shower like this before, and it turned out that my sewer line from the house was cracked. It only appeared to be a slow drain, but when a lot of water ran from the shower and sink, it would slowly back up. I even noticed some black sludge in the shower tub after I flushed the toilet which told me there

was a definite problem. Hope it's not the same for you.

Good luck, Stacey

John Shepard wrote:

Reply to
girlnextdoor

Yikes! Well, I haven't seen this problem in correlation with the use of any other things in the house (tub, sink, toilet etc.) - but I will keep my eyes open now (didn't think of that - thanks!).

I am th> I've had some drain problems in my shower like this before, and it

Reply to
John Shepard