shower arm only tightens to twelve o'clock

I am replacing a shower arm. The old one came out okay, but now that I'm screwing the new arm in it goes to 12 oclock and is tight. how do I get it to 6 o'clock? I'm afraid to tighten it any more.

Reply to
Bill

Bill,

What are you using on the threads? If it's teflon tape then use more or less to bring the arm round. If you are using pipe dope don't tighten it so much.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Maybe you are cross-threading it. How many full turns are you getting before you stop at 12 o'clock? Just us more or less pipe dope or teflon tape as the previous poster suggested.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Sounds like you got the Australian version, sometimes the shipments get mixed up (China screws things like this up).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I don't think the problem is in the shower arm at all.

It's the shower stall which is mounted upside down. He needs the Australian version of the shower stall.

Reply to
micky

Take it out, put more wraps of teflon tape.

Reply to
mike