shower arm only tightens to twelve o'clock

I am replacing a shower arm. The old one came out okay, but now that I'm screwing the new arm in it goes to 12 oclock and is tight. how do I get it to 6 o'clock? I'm afraid to tighten it any more.
Bill,
What are you using on the threads? If it's teflon tape then use more or less to bring the arm round. If you are using pipe dope don't tighten it so much.
Dave M.
Maybe you are cross-threading it. How many full turns are you getting before you stop at 12 o'clock? Just us more or less pipe dope or teflon tape as the previous poster suggested.
On 10/27/2013 02:44 PM, Bill wrote:

Sounds like you got the Australian version, sometimes the shipments get mixed up (China screws things like this up).
Jon
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:05:51 -0700, Jon Danniken

I don't think the problem is in the shower arm at all.
It's the shower stall which is mounted upside down. He needs the Australian version of the shower stall.