Should metal chimney liners be grounded against lightning strikes?

Page 2 of 2
andyeverett posted for all of us...

Don't know about the chimney liners but being a fireman went to a few chimneys blasted apart, in fact one down the street from me. So nature always wins...
I would place a properly installed lightning rod and make certain the whole house electrical system is up to snuff.