shoestring ceiling and wall surfaces?

as the sheet foam does. That is why both products have to be covered by sheetrock or solid wood for use in occupied space.
-- aem sends...

That's an individual choice :-)
Nick
aemeijers wrote:

yup. not for long term at all.

Good idea for a quickie, temporary seal for the interior outside walls. Thanks.

I've heard Frank Gehry lives in an old house in Chicago with no interior wall sheathing, just studs. Rich Komp's home in Maine has lots of indoor walls with drywall on one side and bookshelves on the other.
Nick

Yup. Not looking for a Martha Stewert/ Beaver Cleaver look. Just livable for an OF. Screw doilies and knick knacks. <g>

Is making a profit on your investment a consideration? Do you need to satisfy the building codes in your area? I would just stick to standard building practices and not try and go cheaper. Your biggest expense will be labor and if you can provide that yourself you will save a bundle. There are always day laborers around for when you need some muscle. Fortunately building materials are a little cheaper right now due to the economy. Take one room at a time and do it right even if it takes 10 years.

No codes, tis rural. Profit? My bid is so low for the place, three years in a one br apt would pay for it. The ground is worth more than the dollars involved. The house, well, and septic is gravy.

thanks for the advice and it is sound. Hiring labor is tough on a senior's fixed income. Can get some done via a barBq and some cases of beer, no doubt.