Sharp Microwave Touch pad not working

The Unit is a Sharp Carousel II Well there are 3 pads or keys across the top, express defrost, clock and minuit plus and they quit working. every so often they will work, seems more like maybe after I have been running the oven. It still works and heats up is I set the time manually and hit start, but the minuit plus defrost and clock across the top will not work. Is there an easy way to open this thing up and look at it? Thanks, Tony

Disconnect any cables and plugs associated with the front panel and clean with contact cleaner. If this doesnt fix it get a new microwave. You may be able to replace the whole panel but last I checked they were about $100 USD.
Jimmie

OK Thanks, Do you know if I have to take the whole cover off to get to the front panel? Thanks, Tony

Yes, but since you had to ask dont do it. uwave oven can be dangerous for those without proper training and experience.
Jimmie

Yes, I did read that somewhere else too. Thanks, Tony

Totally agree. Microwaves have been described as 'The most dangerous domestic appliance ever invented'.
They can cook meat (or you) in seconds and fry your eyeballs; you do want cataracts?
They are essentially a 1000 watt radio transmitter, with up to 5000 volts DC; inside a metal box.
As a trained electronics/transmitter technician, IF I work on them it is with great care and keeping my distance anytime the cover is off! And getting the cover back on to avoid radiation leaks can be tricky.
The cost of new ones now so low that, regrettably, probably not worth working on them.

OK Well maybe this time I will not be stubborn and just not work on it. I know I had another one, one time, and I took the cover off to change a bulb, and it *seemed* OK.......... Thanks, Tony