Sharp Microwave Touch pad not working

The Unit is a Sharp Carousel II Well there are 3 pads or keys across the top, express defrost, clock and minuit plus and they quit working. every so often they will work, seems more like maybe after I have been running the oven. It still works and heats up is I set the time manually and hit start, but the minuit plus defrost and clock across the top will not work. Is there an easy way to open this thing up and look at it? Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

Disconnect any cables and plugs associated with the front panel and clean with contact cleaner. If this doesnt fix it get a new microwave. You may be able to replace the whole panel but last I checked they were about $100 USD.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

OK Thanks, Do you know if I have to take the whole cover off to get to the front panel? Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

Yes, but since you had to ask dont do it. uwave oven can be dangerous for those without proper training and experience.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Yes, I did read that somewhere else too. Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

Totally agree. Microwaves have been described as 'The most dangerous domestic appliance ever invented'.

They can cook meat (or you) in seconds and fry your eyeballs; you do want cataracts?

They are essentially a 1000 watt radio transmitter, with up to 5000 volts DC; inside a metal box.

As a trained electronics/transmitter technician, IF I work on them it is with great care and keeping my distance anytime the cover is off! And getting the cover back on to avoid radiation leaks can be tricky.

The cost of new ones now so low that, regrettably, probably not worth working on them.

Reply to
terry

OK Well maybe this time I will not be stubborn and just not work on it. I know I had another one, one time, and I took the cover off to change a bulb, and it *seemed* OK.......... Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

ABLE Dear Sir, With pleasure we are introducing as one of the leading manufact urer / dealers of microwave oven membrane Keypads for NATIONAL /PANASONIC / BPL / SHARP / KENSTAR / LG / SAMSUNG /ONIDA / IFB / SANYO / DAEWOO/ ELECTR OLUX/ WHIRLPOOL/ SUPRA/ VIDEOCON/ GODREJ/ VIDEOCON etc.... We got 530 different models of membrane keypads of above makes and models. Please contact us for any information or requirements. We can als o manufacture & design membrane switches according to your specifications a nd or sample. We are waiting for your earliest response. Best Regards, REGI CHERIAN +91 9322258002

+91 22 28254517 / 22 28370527 E mail snipped-for-privacy@vsnl.net Propritor ABLE MUMBAI. INDIA. Director LINEPRO CONTROLS PVT LTD. MUMBAI. INDIA.

FOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT/ ENQUIREY PLEASE CONTACT

Bharati Shetty Customer support, [Mob: +91 9969399940 / 9969256369 ]

+91 22 28370527 / 28254517 Able 15 New Malinee co-op society, Opp. Canossa High School, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri [East] Mumbai- 400 093.INDIA E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@vsnl.net
Reply to
ableamazone