Shampooing Stairs

I need to shampoo my stairway and am considering buying a buffer/sander to use for this purpose. I've seen a crew using one on a TV ad, but don't know which buffer/sander to get. Can anyone recommend what would do the job. I guess it would have to be a unit that would be safe to use with liquids.
Thanks
Scout

Buffer/Sander to clean carpets?
Any reason why you wouldn't consider a carpet cleaner?
--
Dan Espen

"Dan Espen" wrote in message writes:

Buffer/Sander to clean carpets?
Any reason why you wouldn't consider a carpet cleaner?
--
Dan Espen

I have an excellent carpet shampooer, but it is too large, and heavy to use

No hand attachment? Just did my stairs yesterday with the hand attachment.
If the stairs are carpeted, I don't think a buffer or sander is going to work.
--
Dan Espen

Get the flex hose, and upholstery tip?
I have an excellent carpet shampooer, but it is too large, and heavy to use on the stairs.
Scout
Buffer? Sander? You trying to remove the carpet by abrasion?
Why not use an extractor, and an upholstery tip?
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I need to shampoo my stairway and am considering buying a buffer/sander to use for this purpose. I've seen a crew using one on a TV ad, but don't know which buffer/sander to get. Can anyone recommend what would do the job. I guess it would have to be a unit that would be safe to use with liquids.
Thanks
Scout
The Buffing/Sanding machine I'm talking about can be fitted with cloth bonnets. As I've said, I've seen such a machine being used in a commercial rug cleaning company's ad on TV.
The upholstery attachment to my shampooer works OK on my couch and easy chairs, but I don't like the results I get on the steps.
Scout

I think you may be mis-interpreting what you are seeing in the TV ad. Cloth around a rotating disk isn't going to clean a carpet.
--
Dan Espen