shake retrofit

The supporting posts in my crawlspace are not fastened at the base. I'm afraid they may be knocked off their base by a strong earthquake.
I would like to add a bracket to the base of the post to secure it to the concrete base.
What kind of nail/bolt should I use to attach the bracket to the concrete? If I use expansion bolts, would they crack the concrete block?
Would it help to nail a 1x4 diagonally on the post and the joist above it to add stability?