Servicing Gas-On-Gas Stove/Heat

Hi,
I have an investment property and one of the apartments is equipped with the so call "Gas-On-Gas" Stove/Heat system. The unit is marginally working and I am looking into replacing the unit. My understanding is that they don't make these types of units anymore.
I am thinking of replacing the unit with a conventional gas stove. However, that would leave me with a problem of getting heat to the area (i.e. kitchen and the bathroom). The apartment is located on the 2nd floor so running heating vents and other pipes would be difficult and costly.
Other than going with electric baseboard heat, are there any (gas- based) cost effective heating system that I could install?
Thanks,
CT

They also make thru-the wall gas vented heaters that work well. They are used in my father's condo. This is the manufacturer's website: http://www.dynavent.com / You could also mount it in the window.

What make is your Gas & Gas range?
If it is a Magee or Bengal, I know of a parts source.
Doug