septic system question

We're fixing to go from septic system to lift station. I'm trying to get a feel for what size (in hp) pumps we'll need for our holding tank.
The task for the pumps will be to pump upward vertically approx 8'. From there, the discharge will dump into the gravity flow sewer line.
What kind of discharge pipe pressure might I expect to see at the top of the lift when the pumps are running?
I don't think it going to be much, bigger worry would be lifting solids. Most systems like that will use a small holding tank before going to the holding tank with a float to operate the pumps but those pumps need to be of the type with a grinding type empeller to break up the solids and a check valve at the bottom of the lift tank to prevent the pump from doing a lot of cycling