Septic Pump not Pumping

I just had my septic tank pumped and it less then 1 week the septic pump stopped working. I opened the pump chanber and turned on manually the pump - I can hear the humming of the pump but the water level is not changing.

Any suggestions of what is causing this? Does the pump need priming somehow? Or it got jammed?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

RBM

Thank you for the responses. I took the pump out, inspected then put it back and now it works. Not sure what it was.

I'm wondering if it was some air on the discharge pipe causing the problem. I heard that some installers drill a small hole on the side of the discharge pipe to allow it to drain after each pumping. I'm wondering if that would have helped to have.

Reply to
Tom

There is probably some shit down in there.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives