septic drain-field caps

Having never owned a septic system prior to our current house... is there any reason not to recess the drain-field caps so that the tops are level with the surrounding ground?

The three tank-caps I can always disguise amongst a flower bed or something so they're still easily accessible for pumping; having to mow around the seven drain-field caps every week or two too is a pain in the butt though. I noticed that the neighbours have them trimmed to be flush with the ground; any reason not to do the same (other than a little digging needed with a trowel if I do ever need to look at the drain- field)?

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I am curious. In my state, Utah, I don't believe that septic drain field caps are legal. What is the purpose of these caps?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

I have only one, set at ground level, for cleanout of alternate drain field. At ground level, I've had to replace cap twice as kids hit it with lawn mower, so, you will still have the same problem except others will not see them.

Reply to
Frank