Self clean oven instructions

Unable to locate manual for operating the self clean feature of a newly installed, discontinued Chambers electric oven. They're out of business now and don't want to experiment without some input from someone with some experience
Would appreciate hearing from a buddy who might have some experience with the steps, cautions etc. involved.
TIA Howard

Simple to operate. Some brands may differ slightly, but all are similar.
You close the door and usually move a lever to lock it. Turn the oven knob to "clean". Set the timer for a couple of hours. It will stay locked until the oven temperature gets below a certain point. IIRC, two hours is about minimum, three for a grungy oven.
Good idea to run a vent or exhaust fan in the window. As the crud burns up, it may set off a smoke alarm. Ed

Yes, it's just as simple as Ed explained. However, there are some ovens that have no lever and lock automatically, and some cleaning cycles that last as long as 4-5 hours. Don't panic if you don't see a lever. If your oven isn't as clean as you expected, extend the cycle. Also, if you want your racks to remain shiny, they should be removed before the cleaning cycle and cleaned by hand. Many people don't care and leave them in during the cycle. Cleaning the racks by hand can be easily done by putting the them in a plastic garbage bag and spraying them with oven cleaner. Close the bag and leave overnight. Washing with water the next day will usually reveal perfectly clean racks.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Hi,
*Some* Chambers manuals may be still available....Chambers in Canada see Inglis, Chamber in the US see Whirlpool...have your model# ready. http://www.applianceaid.com/phone.html Manufacture phone #'s.
-Some- how to set the self clean ca nbe found from below....will not be exact to yours may be be close enough to help... http://www.applianceaid.com/self_clean.html
Appreciate your input ... we expect to have our 220 ac line in a couple of wks ... will, keep you posted on the "self clean/self destruct" saga"
Many thanks ...
Respectfully, Howard ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~