Seen at a "real paint store"

I've often seen here recommendations to go to "a real paint store" rather than to HD or Lowe's.

Does Sherwin-Williams fall into that category? I would have assumed so, but a couple of days ago in our local one I was SprayTech paint sprayers, which appear to be relabeled versions of the Wagners that everybody here disses.

So,

(a) Is S-W not a real paint store?

or

(b) Are Wagner paint sprayers not as bad as many make out?

or

(c) Is the fact that S-W sells (relabeled) Wagner paint sprayers mere;y an aberration?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

SOME Wagner piston pumps are pretty good. I have seen painters use them. They seem to prefer Graco, but I have seen all kinds of paint sprayers on the jobsite.

Wagner makes Spraytech, and is a division of Wagner. They are not really relabeled. Just a different line. The homeowner stuff that Wagner makes is garbage, but they do make some professional equipment.

You know that Black and Decker owns Dewalt, right?

Reply to
Robert Allison

Wagner makes junk and good stuff, Sherwin Williams sells most all pumps, the best made, Graco, Titan etc.

Reply to
ransley

It depends. Around here, there are two types of SW stores. The strip mall storefronts that cater to homeowners, and the industrial supply type that all the contractors use. The products are the same, but the industrial supply place has a much larger stock and tends to hire people who know what they are talking about. The strip mall stores have the minimum wage droids working.

As to paint & equipment - in my experience, all the major brands have lines that are colored water and lines that are quality paints. I assume that SW sells rebranded hardware just to cater to the homeowner crowd as they certainly don't manufacture the stuff.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

S-W is a real paint store.

Speaking of real paint stores....tried the new Benj Moore Aura paint line. At $50.00 a gallon, I half expected it to spread itself.

I get better coverage and easier workability with Behr at half the price. I can deal with the min wage drones for $25.00/gal

just a personal opinion.

Reply to
JohnnyC