Sears Lawn Tractor Brake Repair

I'm trying to replace the brake on my Sears 16 hp lawn tractor. It's a metal band bent into a circle with a rubber friction pad on the inside. Two bolts hold it to the arm that pulls one of the ends to tighten the circle on a flywheel, stopping the tractor. I got one bolt off the old brake with great difficulty, as the brake is on the side of the gearbox.

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? Unfortunately, they don't have an access panel to get in there so I have to work from underneath, as far as I can tell. If anyone knows a shortcut, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314