Sealing Plastic Fuel Tank

I am attempting to put a leaf blower in use after it sat unused by my mother-in-law. I had to buy new fuel line and a new fuel filter. The new fuel line has a thicker outside diameter, so I had to enlarge the 2 holes into the fuel tank (1 supply, 1 return drain from carberator). The rubber fuel line fits tightly through the plastic fuel tank, but I think I should seal between the rubber line and edge of the plastic tank opening with some kind of sealant. I have lots of caulk laying around, but won't acrylic or silicone caulk be quickly eaten through/dissolved by the unleaded gasoline? What are my options and best choice to apply where the fuel line enters the tank?
Thanks in advance!
1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:

I don't know about you, but I would not want to be using a gasoline powered device in my hands with a Kentucky rigged gas tank. I don't look good in burns.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
ive used deavcon plastic steel putty to repair plastic and metal gas tanks with success. my own,not others. sounds like you might have a homelight, they have a special sized line you could have got at dealer. but i used an awl to open the tank holes slightly and used tygon fuel line and didnt need sealer.mower shops have tygon also. an old trick to get the line in the tank is to split 6 inches of the line down the middle and feed it thru then pull it with some needle nose. lucas

Probably one of the RTV sealant/gasket maker products that you can get at an autoparts store will work for you. Kevin
This is Turtle.
I have used J.B. Weld / Epoxie Glue on gas tanks for 20 years and holds for every. I had a old car that a shock got loose on the back and knocked a hole in the gas tank. the hole was about 1/4" wide and about 4" long. i run the gas level down way below the hole and let the gas drain down over nite. i then the next morning i cleaned it and put the epoxie on it and waited till that nite to refill the gas tank. I refilled it and drove it for 4 years and sold it but it never leaked a drop.
just get the gas level down to not let the gas come out and the epoxie will bond and hold it.
TURTLE
Wow thank you. I will look at my hardware store for this product. Any other pointers on this are greatly appreciated. Thanks again! Respectfully, Andy

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:

This is Turtle.
Most all Pep Boy , Napa, Auto Zone , and auto supply stores have J.B. Weld or a knock off of it. i even thing i seen it at walmarts in the Auto section.
TURTLE