seal between asphalt driveway and foundation?

Our driveway runs along the (limestone) foundation wall. The driveway has an asphalt top, over a 'hard' base which I'm guessing is a gravel/cement mix. In one area, there's a ~1/2" gap where it abuts the wall.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on what to use to fill this gap.
Thanks, George

caulk and know its going to crack.....
the house cant really move but the driveway will......
or you could try attaching something akin to exterior cove moulding... or quarter round
On 9/24/2012 7:07 AM, George wrote:

You probably do want to keep water out as freezing and thawing could damage asphalt. I'd probably consider asphalt crack sealer if not that deep or maybe a roofing cement chalking. You also want to seal the asphalt if you haven't already. I got a new drive a couple of years ago and watched it absorb water. Installer sealed it after 6 months and I thought coating was skimpy and repeated it myself this year.

I have seen asphalt crack repair material that comes like a rope for filling cracks that size. You put it in the crack, then use a propane torch to melt it. I don't remember which company produced it, but with some googling you may find it.

and cover it with crack filler. You may have to do this a number of times to bring it up to flush. You don't want it lower as water will sit there and freez