Screen Repair

I had to poke a small hole through a screen to get into my house. What's the best way to secure a patch of new screening over the hole?
Thanks,
Home Depot and many other stores have screen repair kits. They have little patches that have hooks on the edges that grab on to the existing screen. OTOH, it's easy to just replace the whole screen if you have the right tool and some of the spline material.
Michael wrote:

Just replace the screening material. Even walmart sells the raw screen material and the little roller tool and new splines. Re-use the existing frame, pull out the spline around the border, center up and cut the new material, start the spline in teh channel, use the roller tool to work the spline back in around the perimeter, and you'll be in good shape.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /

I saw screen patches at one of those big package stores. Might want to check with them.
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
Cut an oversized patch of aluminum screening and strip some of the wire away to make a patch with wire tails all the way around. Bend the tails at a right angle to the part of the patch that is sound and poke it through the screen covering the hole. Bend the tails back and weave them through a time or two.
Michael wrote:

Michael wrote:

If it copper or aluminum screen you can use a very fine wire or plastic (nylon) thread to sew a patch in place.
Michael wrote:

It's best if you weld rebar in there for strength. Then paint it yellow.

Clear bookbinding tape. A needle and some aluminium wire. A rectangle of screen slightly bigger, with the ragged ends poked through the existing screen and bent over. Or stuff a platic spider in the hole.

I've used fishing line as well as small gauge wire, either work equally well.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Is it vinyl, alumininum, or some other kind of screen? The patience here of some people who will answer for all kinds, even though the poster doesn't say what kind, exceeds my patience.