scratched floor boards

Hi I have jarrah floor boards that have been scratched due to moving of furniture, I would like to be able to put something on to make them less obvious, any suggestions? Thanks Sandra
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:09:39 +0800, "Sandra Bodycoat"

I don't know what jarrah means, but if it is polyurethane, the scratches will melt away.

mm wrote:

Do you know what kind of finish was used on it to begin with? That would make a difference.
I would suspect you would have various oils and wood treatment and refinish products that might work. I suspect that any brand name products I would list would not be available in Australia, so the names would not do you much good.

It is a Eucalyptus tree from western Australia, known for it resemblance to mahogany.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

I've successfully used furniture markers (like these http://www.cleansweepsupply.com/pages/item-mas18000.html ) and wax for deep scratches, and just scratch cover (like this http://www.epinions.com/content_174226312836 ) for shallowed scrapes.
There's an article on how to fix scratches and gouges here: http://doityourself.com/woodfloors/repairfinishedwoodfloor.htm
If you're careful, scratches and gouges can be made practically invisible.
-- Jennifer

1. We do not know how extensive the scratches are, or whether they are only in the surface finish or extend into the wood. If they go into the wood, you may be able to match the colour among the wax crayons hardware and flooring stores sell especiially for this purpose. 2. Before repairing or refinishing the floor, you should protect furniture feet so the problem does not recur. Choice between hard plastic glides and soft felt pads depends on how the wood was finished (and jarrah wood seems unknown outside Australia.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs