scratched floor boards

Hi I have jarrah floor boards that have been scratched due to moving of furniture, I would like to be able to put something on to make them less obvious, any suggestions? Thanks Sandra

Reply to
Sandra Bodycoat

I don't know what jarrah means, but if it is polyurethane, the scratches will melt away.

Reply to
mm

Do you know what kind of finish was used on it to begin with? That would make a difference.

I would suspect you would have various oils and wood treatment and refinish products that might work. I suspect that any brand name products I would list would not be available in Australia, so the names would not do you much good.

It is a Eucalyptus tree from western Australia, known for it resemblance to mahogany.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I've successfully used furniture markers (like these

and wax for deep scratches, and just scratch cover (like this
for shallowed scrapes.

There's an article on how to fix scratches and gouges here:

If you're careful, scratches and gouges can be made practically invisible.

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

  1. We do not know how extensive the scratches are, or whether they are only in the surface finish or extend into the wood. If they go into the wood, you may be able to match the colour among the wax crayons hardware and flooring stores sell especiially for this purpose.
  2. Before repairing or refinishing the floor, you should protect furniture feet so the problem does not recur. Choice between hard plastic glides and soft felt pads depends on how the wood was finished (and jarrah wood seems unknown outside Australia.)
Reply to
Don Phillipson