Schlage residential keyways

Is it possible to get Schlage residential grade lock hardware with something other than the normal C keyway (preferably E or CE)?
Dan Lanciani wrote the following:

I wonder if Schlage knows?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Roger Shoaf

Shoaf) writes: |

The cylinder design is rather different. The one you sent the link, isn't even near close to the design of the Schlage F line cylinder.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Roger Shoaf

Shoaf) writes: |

On Jun 13, 8:19pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

n.*com
You are trying too hard... You probably don't even need the master key system you have for your situation, you would only need to carry what, two or three extra keys than the one you have right now...
Sounds like overkill...
~~ Evan
(Roger Shoaf) writes:

Don,
You are making life difficult for yourself.
By my count you have a masterkey system with 4 different keys.
This is very much doable with a standard 5 pin system.
The need for multiple keyways comes in in much larger systems like multi story hotels and the like.
I will give you a hint, if you keep your eyes open on e-bay, you might score some nice Schlage A series locks, and those will outlive you. The F series is junk.
--

Roger Shoaf

Give me a call and I will walk you through this.
Rich Howard @ www.absupply.net 877-631-9411
On Jun 12, 4:09pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

The actual question I see here is: "Can I obtain an impossible item?"
The answer is no...
Residential grade hardware uses a totally incompatible cylinder design when compared to the rest of the Schlage product line...
What keyway do you WANT to use ? Start there and then select a lock which will support that choice of keyway... ~~ Evan