Savings on Electric

In another post you may have read about saving on oil. I'm also saving some electricity.
In recent months I've had to replace a couple of appliances, washing machine and dishwasher. Both are energy star qualified, a Maytag washer, top load, and KitchenAid dishwasher. Also installed a second low water flush toilet.
The last water bill was about the same use. I thought I'd have done at least a little better. Today, I looked at the electric bills for January and February. Both are down quite a bit. I did notice that the washing machine does a better job of spinning the water out and the dryer runs less. For the two month, my use is down 226 KW. In my area that amounts to $38.42. At that rate the payback for appliances will be only 147 months. Not quite the same as the oil burner.
On 3/8/2014 8:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

just start the appliances an hour later than you usually would. Works all the time.
--
.
Christopher A. Young