Saving DTV stations

I got a DTV converter. This is a rural area and the stations come from two directions. For analog I had to rotate my antenna to get stations from both sides of my area. Its the same for digital. The problem is that I run the "search for channels ,and it saves those channels. After it's done it saves all stations from that direction. When I rotate the antenna, I lose all the stations from the original setting. How can I save BOTH? I cant rotate the antenna while the converter is searching. How can I do this?

Thanks

Reply to
logan

Many boxes allow you to add selected channels while keeping the earlier found ones.

It sounds like you are using the "find all channels" which erases the old ones.

The Zenith DTT901 has the "add selected channels" feature.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

You do realize that not all converters are exactly the same and nobody can help you without even knowing the model you have, right?

See if you can put the antenna halfway and maybe pickup both sets. Or write down the stations from the first search and manually reenter them after doing the second search. and/or rtfm

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I dont have a converter box, but my tuner lets me manually enter the physical channel number of the station and it remembers it. If 6-1 is on ch19, instead of entering 6-1, enter 19. It tunes to the station and remembers the channel.

So I'd try pointing the antenna in one direction and do a scan. Then point it the other way and manually enter the physical channel number.

You can get a list of physical channels for your area from:

-dickm

Reply to
dicko

.orgwww.tvfool.com

Back in the old days of TV, we put 2 antennnas on the mast, one for one direction and the other for the stations in the other direction. Run both antenna leads into a AB switch, to select the antenna needed. Worked fine without any rotors. You probably don't need high gain antennas anyway.

Reply to
acforn

our rca converter only does scan. (new slate) our channel master converter has scan all and update. (adds new to old) the rca has no volume control, the ch master does. the ch master "wide" button makes screen size matching on the fly a snap. why isn't this automated?

comparing the features or lack of, you wouldn't think the boxes do the same job ;-)

needing two remotes (tv and converter) is getting old... our konka tv uses a code the rca remote doesn't include. ch master remote has no tv control.

the ch master did save our newer s-vid only tv.

on both, the rf modulator output is about 1/2 the quality of the component video/left/right output, or s-vid output. s-vid is only about 5% better than the component output. do your best to avoid the rf modulator!

this new media is marginally ready for primetime, i'll wait for version 3.2. ;-) the user interface needs a tweak. even with an excellent signal level, we get 1 second sound gaps once or twice a show. tv studio mix panels aren't ready either, when sources change, the last second or so of sound gets lost in the switcher. million dollar ad- "call

800 555 12 now our next guest"

it does show promise for quality picture and sound. in Dallas, we went from about 15 channels to 40 as of last night. about half of those are now infomercial or church channels. of course they all are 11pm to 5am ;-)

--larry / dallas

Reply to
larry

That is annoying. Does anyone make a converter box that can store two sets of programmed channels (and EASILY switch between them)? Could you use two boxes?

BTW, does the converter need to lock up for several seconds while displaying "scanning" every time you change channels?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You can always save stations manually. Let the direction with the most do it automatically, then do the rest manually.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker TB

with the very low cost of converters many have RCA outputs.

so you could use 2 converters each tied to properly aimed antennas.

toggle between the 2 converters depending on the stations you want. you could actually use more than 2 converters if necessary.

no wait for rotor to reaim:)

Reply to
hallerb