Sandy, tues, Oct 30

How's everyone? I'm amazed, it's slightly windy, no precip, and not many branches down.

Company Name: RG&E Number of Customers Served: 362031 Number of Customers Out: 23137 Percent of Customers Out: 6.39%

Company Name: NYSEG Number of Customers Served: 871859 Number of Customers Out: 113078 Percent of Customers Out: 12.97%

I'm fortunate to have power. At least a couple of my friends are without.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No problems but I'm getting cabin fever. I think driving ban is still on.

Reply to
Frank

Me, too. I'm going to test run the generator. And then go to the store, and take some empty soda bottles back.

.

No problems but I'm getting cabin fever. I think driving ban is still on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Been meaning to ask, exact, well, approximately, where are you located?

Reply to
Art Todesco

I'm also curious about the driving ban. Frank probably already wrote where he is, but I forgot. I've also written where I am, but I forgot.

The generator was miserable. Took a lot of squirts of ether, and finally started up. The throttle springs hardened, and now it hunts for speed, instead of steady run. That eternal vroom, vroom, vroom, gets annoying.

.

Been meaning to ask, exact, well, approximately, where are you located?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We got out in the afternoon but still raining and just drove a few miles to check things out. No damage on immediate roads but I saw a picture in the paper up the valley where the tree trimmers had also done as they did our area just recently. Tree across road fell on recently cleared wires. We often get this type outage where a tree falls outside the trimmers easement.

Reply to
Frank