Sanded vs unsanded grout

The grout around our below-the-tile kitchen sink has shrunk back and needs replacing. Currently, it is sanded like the rest of the grout. But, when I visit HD or Ace hardware all I see for the application is unsanded grout. Should I look further, or use the unsanded?
TIA
Ed
Ed wrote:

If I get your description right I would use grout caulk instead of grout. Grout with some latex silicon mix. You use it between tile and bathtubs and tile and sinks also at corners. It comes in a caulking tubes for use in caulking guns. You can get it sanded or nonsanded, it depends on how large a gap you have between the tile and sink.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Yes, that's the place that needs new grout. I'll try the tube product.
Thanks.
Ed wrote:

It seems odd to use a sanded grout between sink and tile counter. I would use silicone caulk, sans sand. Easier to clean, and you want it to be a waterproof joint, right?

Thanks, Norman. Guess I'm just used to looking at it matching the other grout, which is sanded.
Waterproof is definitely the idea. As a matter of fact, that's been problem. Rust has stained the porcelain on the sink around the faucet. I complained to Kohler and they said it was due to leaky grout. I took that as a cop-out, as I would have thought Kohler would make a kitchen sink so as to deal with a little water.
BTW, is there any way to get rid of the rust stain?
Ed
Ed wrote:

I get rust stains in our stainless sink once in a while, and use Barkeeper's Friend and a soft cloth to remove them. Probably would work on porcell., but it is a long time since I had a porcell. sink. Barkeeper's is also what I use on glass cooktop, so likely ok for porcell.
If you have old grout to remove, Dremel rotary tools have a special head and attachment for that.......works great on a tile wall, but doubtful for a corner. The bit will gouge porcellain. Just a utility knife, carefully, might get it. Make sure the surfaces are absolutely clean when you grout. Caulk should form a round, concave joint so's you don't get ruts that trap water and grow mildew. A speck of grout here and there, if bonded tightly, will prob. be covered by the caulk. Clean with full strength bleach and let dry just before caulking.

I just got Polyblend Ceramic Tile Caulk at HD. However, it says "do not use in areas with constant water exposure." To me, the kitchen sink seems like a lot of water exposure. Maybe the mean not to use where it will be under water all the time?
Ed

They do make both. But I would try sanded grout in a tube first. More flexible than grout itself.