Sand point going bad

I have a lake cabin with a shallow well and a sand point. It's starting to pull up more and more fine sand causing problems with the faucets, etc. The system is about 40+ years old so I assume that just replacing the sandpoint will solve the problem. Anybody have any experience with doing this? Should the pipe be replaced as well ? And what's the best way to drive the pipe? I should just pay the $3000 for a deep well and be done with it, but I'd like to get by on the cheap for a few years until I can do a complete remodel . Thanks

Reply to
Rod Dahl

Bob

Reply to