sand in well water

Just had cracked pipes replaced on the well that froze that lead to the pump (the pipes are above ground). Now I'm getting sand in the water I'm told by the well service people to let the water run for a couple of hours to clear it up. Today Sunday 4 days later and I'm still have the sand and going threw a lot of filters what's going on? (sat I ran the water from the tank for 8 hours)
Obviously you don't have a sand and sediment filter (going thru a lot of filters). That's a permanent part of my well installation...otherwise I get fine black sand. You only have two choices: add a filter, or keep running the water and hoping it will clear.

They probably installed the pump lower than it used to be, and is too close to the bottom now. It probably needs to be raised a few feet.