Safely removing Kitchen Cabinets for reinstallation

I am trying to do a low budget kitchen remodel. (we all know there isn't a good cheap way, but it is worth a shot)
I am planning to redo the flooring and face the cabinets. I need to remove the cabinets safely so I can reinstall them after the floor is done.
I've done some homework and seen previous posts here on how to remove countertops (held in from underneith with a cleat). Where are the cabnets screwed to? Walls? floors?
<snip> : I've done some homework and seen previous posts here on how to remove : countertops (held in from underneith with a cleat). : Where are the cabnets screwed to? Walls? floors? : Typically, screwed (or nailed) to wall studs... (my experience is only on concrete slab floors)
Islands may be attached to cleats that are attached to the floor.
Cabinets may also be attached to the neighboring cabinets. Usually a the face...
If ya gotta force it, you haven't removed all the fasteners :-)
Good luck with your project.
Rick
c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Removing the cabinets is a snap, but it will help to have a second pair of hands on the hanging units. The cabinents are mounted directly in the studs and to each other at the face to hold them in perfect alignment. Remove the screws that attach the adjoining cabinets first and then the in the walls. Make sure you properly locate and mark the position of any shims that were put in loose.
When reinstalling make sure you put the screws into the wall a bit loose, then insert screws to adjacent cabinents, followed last by tighteng the screws in the wall.
I'm wondering if you would really need to remove the cabinets to install the flooring. I'm planning a similar project, and I'm planning to install the flooring around the existing cabinets.
Mr Fixit eh
I did a tile kitchen floor without removing the cabinets once before. I really wasn't happy with the job I did. I had a 1/4 - 1/2 gap where the tile wasn't up to the toekick. And I got cement on all over too. A lot more cuts too and more work to get the dishwasher in and out (depending on if you tile under it).
Besides If I am refacing them, it will be easier to face that spot if it isnt attached.
c_kubie

Blue tape is your friend.
Makes for a nice straight grout line against walls or other places where you don't have molding to hide the edge.
JSH