Ryobi Trimmer fuel line routing

I've got a Ryobi 790r trimmer (the one with the changeable heads).
The fuel lines are shot (probably why it hit the curb, where I found it). I understand how to run the primer line but the one connecting to the gas tank is confusing. There is a small hole in the bottom of the tank, that appears to connect directly into the tank (blow in the tank, air comes out). Next to that is a small nipple. I'm thinking the nipple must be the gas return line from the primer bulb, but am not sure. What does the connection to the "hole" look like? Is it a plug of some kind? Saw nothing at HD helpful.
My Echo trimmer is on loan and I'd like to get this working.
Jeff
On 4/15/2011 7:22 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:

You LOANED your Echo trimmer? Ack! I like Red Green's advice in this regard: "If it ain't broke, don't lend it."
On 4/16/2011 11:01 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

I like that advice!
I found the kit finally, comes with a piece of fish wire to snake the line through the tank. Runs fine now.
Got the Echo back but it is not running well, and quits after a while. I'm thinking carb, but it could be anything including a head gasket.
Jeff