Running Lights with Windmill

I got an old (heavy, well made) motor at a sale for a dollar. Hooked it up to my windmill with a loose belt. Was sure it would put out no voltage, as it is not a generator but is a motor. Instead, it puts out anywhere between 40 and

120 volts at as much as 10 amps. Right now, I have it powering my yard lights...when there is a wind.
Reply to
MilkyWhy

I propose we replace the word "generator" with "rotom" (motor backwards ;)

Reply to
John Harlow

And I have had the pleasure of a pump motor zapping me when a check valve failed and the pump was running the motor backwards.....

Reply to
HeatMan

Check valve failed, motor running backwards. Not supposed to happen. If you had died...it would not have counted.

Reply to
MilkyWhy