Roxul in a 2x3 wall?

Hi,
My basement has 2" XPS foam against the concrete walls (glued and taped and sealed), with a 2x3 stud wall over that. Can Roxul 3" batts be squeezed i nto a 2x3 stud wall? Or will that just be an impossible situation and break the 1/2" sheetrock to be intalled over the whole thing?
I have no prior experience with Roxul, so any knowledgealbe comments are gr eatly appreciated.
Thanks Theodore
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 19:05:28 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

We set the stud wall about half an inch from the foam, framed with 2X4, and installed Roxul. It in not terribly hard to compress but not sure how it is sized - I thought 4 inch was for 2X4 (3.5") so 3" would be for 2X3 (2.5"), which would mean "no problemo"
On 09/18/2015 10:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: ...

Product sheet indicates the 2.5" product is produced in 16-1/4" width for metal studs instead of 15-1/4" width (wood studs). So, _might_ have to trim width with it...I'd guess a full inch compression would not be best use of insulation $$ although having not used it no idea just how hard it would be to install. Couldn't find any data on actual compression ratio vs resultant R value for it...

True. Roxul manufacturer replied to me in the same manner: use the 2.5" product and just trim the width to accomodate 16" o.c. studs.
Their additional concern was that if I compressed a standard batt, it might pop out the sheetrock (in the long run).
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

od compression - and not as serious with roxul as with some other insulations.

Ever try to split it? It's a lot different than fiberglass.

batt into 2 2 inch batts. It isn't in nice neat layers like (most) fiberglass.