Routing cable from garage to basement for 20amp circuit...

Ok I could do with a few code-enforcement tips here: I need a separate circuit for my new furnace (just the blower - 3/4 amp).
I'll install 12 gauge / 20amp circuit. Here's the path:
1. In-wall flush mounded breaker box, in wood/sheetrock garage wall. 2. Come out of wall just above box through a hole, and staple to wall next to existing plastic conduit path. Go 15 feet, head down and go through wall directly into basement near ceiling.
3. Go along side of a floor joist around 20 feet. Staple to joist.
4. 90 degrees turn and run perpendicular to joists. Will not drill through joists, will run cable between two large venting ducts, where I can see other cables running also. Staple to joists.
5. Come down into furnace, hard-wire into box on furnace. Not sure how it should hang or path down.
Thanks for any tips on what kind of things to note. I assume regular NM 12-gauge 3 core wire is good?
- Dean
Sounds good except #5, if you do not have a stud or other surface to nail or secure the wire you will need to install a conduit. I would use NM (plastic) box and conduit so I don't have to bond to ground so often. Secure a box on the cieling and extend the conduit down to the furnace box and connect together. Use a bended conduit if necessary. It may also be easier to just nail up a stud between the cieling and side of the furnace.

Ok thanks for the checkup! I also talked to the code enforcement, and we are in agreement with most things.
Thanks!
Dean