rotary snap switches from 1900-1920's

does anyone know of anyplace that makes a up-to-date version of these old switches? i yahoo'ed for "snap rotary switch" and came up just about empty handed. i would think they would make something like this for the serious restorer

Reply to
I R Baboon

I'm sure they are still made.

I got 6690 hits with a modified search phrase at google, only 1 with your phrase:

snap +"rotary switch"

link below:

If you find it let us know.

Best wishes

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

If you send me a pic. of the switch, I might be able to get you some NOS ( believe it or not ) switches . Just remember that back in those days,there was no such organization ( UL approved) . Email me a pic, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Are the ones you are seeking the surface mounted kind with a white ceramic body and a black rotary knob with small "wings" on it to give a better finger grip?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
I R Baboon

Like I said, I don't know of any repops but can get you NOS ones. Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Hey, did 'ya try eBay? Searching for "switch antique" got this:

or these:

Many more there right now....

You get the idea. When I was going through the insanity of retrofitting antique brass doorknobs on every lockset in our home I haunted eBay for about 6 months to get enough of them. (Hope SWMBO never finds out what the whole project cost. )

*********************************************** Maybe you could "upgrade" to the push button style, They're still making them today:

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to