rotary snap switches from 1900-1920's

does anyone know of anyplace that makes a up-to-date version of these old switches? i yahoo'ed for "snap rotary switch" and came up just about empty handed. i would think they would make something like this for the serious restorer

I'm sure they are still made.
I got 6690 hits with a modified search phrase at google, only 1 with your phrase:
snap +"rotary switch"
link below:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=snap+%2B%22rotary+switch%22&btnG=Search
If you find it let us know.
Best wishes
Colbyt

If you send me a pic. of the switch, I might be able to get you some NOS ( believe it or not ) switches . Just remember that back in those days,there was no such organization ( UL approved) . Email me a pic, Iowa883
I R Baboon wrote:

Are the ones you are seeking the surface mounted kind with a white ceramic body and a black rotary knob with small "wings" on it to give a better finger grip?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
exactly. want a safe, modern, reproduction of them

old
empty
serious
Like I said, I don't know of any repops but can get you NOS ones. Thanks, Iowa883

I R Baboon wrote:

Hey, did 'ya try eBay? Searching for "switch antique" got this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category7916&items07878090&rd=1
or these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category7916&items07879474&rd=1
Many more there right now....
You get the idea. When I was going through the insanity of retrofitting antique brass doorknobs on every lockset in our home I haunted eBay for about 6 months to get enough of them. (Hope SWMBO never finds out what the whole project cost. <G>)
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/knob.html
Maybe you could "upgrade" to the push button style, They're still making them today:
http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixshow3706/templates/selection.phtml?iqg aaa0214ec751cf3da8a00d7dd07701
HTH,
Jeff
--