Room Odor

I have a "sudden" odor in a small (8' x 8') room - assume it's coming from the ceiling area most likely something dead in the attic. Went up in attic to see if I could find to no avail - too much insulation.
Assuming a mouse, how long to deteriorate - seems like the last time I had a similar problem, took at least 3-4 weeks for odor to subside.
Anyone have idea for "killing" the smell until it rectifies itself. Tried some of the over the counter air fresheners but the "mixture" of odors is not much better.
Thanks in advance.
Art

You mentioned a mouse. Check the air ducts. It is common to find a dead mouse or other critter.

A real ionizer-- not Ionic breeze-- Look on ebay for an "Alpine Fresh". They go new for $150 or so [on Ebay]- but I've bought 2 used ones that have been fine- paid $75 each.
I was made a believer when my brother-in-law brought one over to take the smoke smell out of a room that had a mattress fire. 2 days & you'd think the room was a clearing in the woods someplace. [He paid $300 for his a couple years ago from a local dealer.]
Jim
Call a funeral director. They have ways to deal with this.
Stubby wrote:

Yea, bring it in and they can embalm it. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit