Roof turbines don't leak?

I'm told that roof turbines (non-powered) don't leak when it rains as long as they still turn freely. Is that pretty reliable information?
And they don't let wasps in either? :-)
Peabody wrote:

Good ones should last a long time and not leak (at least seldom). I would not consider cheap ones. I have seen far too many complaints about those.
Personally I don't like them, I prefer totally passive venting, of course that also can leak.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

This is Turtle
Yes
Wasps getting them to the attic. AWWWWW ?
TURTLE
A lot depends on you local weather conditions. I have seen them leak when exposed to rain driven by high winds. With so many other venting solutions availalble, turbines are not as common as they were twenty-years ago.
On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:19:21 -0500, Peabody

I am a super amateur (who has recently asked questions here regarding attic venting options, so you might want to check out those threads as I got some really good advice in them) but I can tell you my personal experience with the turbines. According to the original owner, my house has had its turbines for about 15 years now. They almost never leak. Occasionally, during a really, really hard, driven rain, there will be some minimal leaking. They even have been through a couple of minor hurricanes without serious leaking. The area around and under the turbines show no moisture damage during these 15 years, so the problem is very minimal. Now if this leakage were to happen directly onto ceiling drywall, there might be some issue, but fortunatley for me, there is a wooden deck creating a partial floor in the attic that is under both turbines and they (the wooden planks) have not taken any noticable damage from the very occasional leakage.