roof tear-off project gut check

well, the shakes that are in the steeper slope are still in good shape but the areas in low slope are worn. we thought about just fixing the leaky part but am just afraid we are throwing good money away if the roof eventually will have to be replaced in 1 or 2 years time.

the attic mess will be noted and the contractors have it written in their bid notes about the attic being our responsiblity.

Reply to
Ed Lim

i see a lot of much older houses (built in the 60's i would say) in our area that still have original cedar shakes (i think just it's thickness and darkness) and they survived well the oregon rain.

Reply to
Ed Lim

Have you looked here:

has information you might want to read up on...

3D Peruna

Our home in South Texas has an aluminum shake roof that resembles a cedar shake roof. If you're concerned about "blending in" with the surrounding homes, you might consider this option. Check this link to see an example of what I'm talking about:

Banister Stairwell

CertainTeed is French so my company now avoids that brand at all costs. __________ If you give a little they give a lot.

AndrewJ

would like

all

If you make decisions based on whether a company is in a country that didn't cave in to US demands to go invade a possesor of WMD which never existed, then I certainly wouldn't want to give you my business anyway.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

BTW for us that includes any Saddam supporters:

If you give a little they give a lot.

AndrewJ

ABC news writes: "According to the document, France was the second-largest beneficiary, with tens of millions of barrels awarded to Patrick Maugein, a close political associate and financial backer of French President Jacques Chirac.

Maugein, individually and through companies connected to him, received contracts for some 36 million barrels. Chirac's office said it was unaware of Maugein's deals, which Maugein told ABCNEWS are perfectly legal."...............................................snip

__________ If you give a little they give a lot.

AndrewJ

Or a company from a country which had preferential oil contracts from a dictator / murderer they tried to protect at the expense of innocent people's lives.

Reply to
someonesimple

That's interesting; do you have any idea of the cost?

Reply to
montana

surrounding

Between $350.00 - $400.00 per square installed, according to a roofer I spoke with who used to install this type of roofing material.

Reply to
Banister Stairwell