roof question

I just bought a 2 bedroom colonial and the roof needs to be replaced. It has one layer of shingles. Can anyone tell me a ball park amount that it would cost?

Probably find an accurate answer with this!
http://tinyurl.com/ikux

Sort of like asking "how big is a box?"
Seriously, there are many factors. Type of shingle, style of roof (gables, dormers etc.), and the area in square feet. You can easily get a good quote from a local roofer or two.

ball park figure for a roof you have described would be:
$800-$8,000