Roof Blight

My asphalt shingled roof has a bad case of the uglies. It is stained by a mold or fungus that seems to have proliferated over the last 10-15 years. In the case of my roof, it has only been visible over the last 2 or 3 years. What do you guys and gals recommend as a treatment to rid my roof of this ugly stain?
Regards, Newby
Newby wrote:

and let the bleach eat the mold,mildew and it will come back.. dont use a power washer up there or you will blow all the grandules off the roof and will need a new on in no time.....
At Home Depot or Ace hardware get some M1 roof and deck cleaner. I cant say enough good about it. Bleach will not do the job...