Reznor model 45 Garage Heater

Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can get it to run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the circuit board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the thermostat set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will not run again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have checked out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom
--
tomsecanky

It sounds like must remove the circuit board and practice your soldering skills. Sometimes you can pick out the offending joint by it's dull appearance, but I usually end up soldering all of the larger lugs.
Happy modeming, Bill K.
: : Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can get it to : run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the circuit : board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the thermostat : set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will not run : again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have checked : out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom : : : -- : tomsecanky \\ If I read you right, it's temperature related. About 55 degree setting or lower it won't work; that include the ambient air?
If so, the bottom detent has moved. Many thermostats, when set as low as they'll go actually turn OFF. That's by design. Sound like that's moved on you or maybe wear has moved it upwards.
It's remotely possible it's a solder joint, but if it's reliably repeatable that it won't work in temps below 55, I'd bet it's not.
HTH,
Pop
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:55:21 +0000, tomsecanky

Try jumping out the stat wires, if works then stat. If not r/r circuit board.