Reznor model 45 Garage Heater

Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can get it to run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the circuit board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the thermostat set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will not run again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have checked out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom

Reply to
tomsecanky

It sounds like must remove the circuit board and practice your soldering skills. Sometimes you can pick out the offending joint by it's dull appearance, but I usually end up soldering all of the larger lugs.

Happy modeming, Bill K.

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

If so, the bottom detent has moved. Many thermostats, when set as low as they'll go actually turn OFF. That's by design. Sound like that's moved on you or maybe wear has moved it upwards.

It's remotely possible it's a solder joint, but if it's reliably repeatable that it won't work in temps below 55, I'd bet it's not.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Try jumping out the stat wires, if works then stat. If not r/r circuit board.

Reply to
Larry F