reset odometer

Page 2 of 2
According to Toyota, push and hold your odometer reset button and turn the key to "on" position until the light goes out.
--
Bobby G.

"herb white" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
"Robert Green" <

The guys that came up with 'the way to do it' must have had a blast writing the manual! I have a '03 buick century and wanted to change the headlight time delay, it was set for 1.5 min's, I wanted it off on shutdown. Got the manual for it and it was hilarious 'the way to do it' was written. To change settings you had to like hold the door lock button while shifting from park to reverse three times! heh heh .... to reset oil change odometer you turn on the key and step on the accelerator three times turn off key and then restart. Without the manual, you would never figure out how to change settings. No wonder that setup is now obsolete.
Phil Kangas wrote:

My Toyota has fulltime stability and traction control with no way to turn it off. I've seen instructions in the forums like hold the accelerator to the floor and while touching your left earlobe with you right hand apply the emergency brake three times. Then the damn thing resets itself when you turn the engine off anyway.
I never did figure out how to trun the check engine light off in my old F-150. A piece of electrical tape worked pretty good.

I think a car I had when those oxygen sensors in the tail pipe first came into use had a light that would come on at a certain milage to check the sensor. The sensors seemed to last for many miles after that. The cure for the light was to cut the wire going to the light.
I did not cut the wire, but did tape over the light.
On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:24:18 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

Then there's the annoying and loud buzzer that some cars have when the drivers door is open, the engine is off, but the key is in the ignition (so you can listen to the radio.) I found and disconnected the key-in switch, but had to connect it again to add another fob to the door remote and later to replace the door remote receiver