REPOST: Please help identify old Cutler Hammer circuit breaker

Repost to provide the correct picture of the metal bar. Please note that I have exhausted the largest local electric supply house, Home Depot, eBay, ETA (internet search of catalog), etc.
I bought a very old house and have difficulty finding a replacement circuit breaker. The control panel is labeled as Cutler Hammer. The closest circuit breaker I can find locally is CH130 (1 pole, 30A), shown at the top of
http://home.comcast.net/~cfjwang/CH-Breakers.jpg . The bottom part is the one I am trying to replace. It has a notch on one side. There is metal bar inside the control panel that prevents the CH130 from being plugged in, while the notch on the old circuit breaker allows for the insertion. (The metal bar is shown in the lower middle part of
http://home.comcast.net/~cfjwang/Bar.jpg ).
Can anyone help me identify what type of circuit breaker this is and where I can buy these?
Best regards,
Jerry

Probably time to start searching/calling the obsolete breaker people. Eaton will not have those.
cfjwang wrote:

Have you pulled the box open? I'd expect a list of compatible breaker types on the box itself.
Then, I'd contact Eaton directly...
Home Owner Support Center -All general inquiries regarding Eaton residential products. 1-800-525-2000

Duane,
I guess I did not try hard enough. This time I found "CH410" and "Use CH breaker" very deep inside the control box wall.
It appears that the CH series products experienced a tooling change and the new ones are no longer compatible to the old ones. I still have a challenge, i.e., to find an old CH circuit breaker, but at least I know which direction to go now.
Thanks for the useful hint.
Jerry
Go on ebay - I bought some "out of print" circuit breakers on ebay for my son's house. If yours are "out of print" - people on ebay know they are worth something - and they get them and sell them.
How old is that panel? I am curious because I have a 1980 vintage house with similar panel and may need to expand it.
cfjwang wrote:

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

It looks like an obsolete "CH" breaker. They've changed the design and the new "CH" breakers have plastic feet as opposed to metal feet and no notch in them, so they won't fit in your obsolete panel. I'd call local electricians and ask them as many have old stuff hanging around

This is correct. Per Duane's suggestion I found a label deep inside the control box. The box is CH410 and it also says "use CH circuit breakers".
Thanks for the help.
Jerry

You might be surprised at how little a new, modern replacement panel and breakers would cost. Look at that before you invest too much in finding a NOS breaker.
BFoelsch wrote:

Or surprised at how much... :)
On 09/23/05 11:52 am Duane Bozarth tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I bought a "Value Pack" consisting of a 200A CH panel + main breakers and several other breakers (forget how many) at Lowe's for approx. $150.
Perce

The need to get a permit to do it yourself is a hassle. Or you may have to pay $900 to get a licensed electrician to do a simple job for you (it's hard to get contractors in Seattle area due to the heated housing market).
Jerry
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

You had access to cut main feed to replace it?
On 09/24/05 10:38 am Duane Bozarth tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

> You had access to cut main feed to replace it?
I haven't installed it yet, but technically it's a subpanel because the main breaker is in the garage back-to-back with the meter, so I can kill the power there. The existing subpanel that I will replace is in the basement.
Perce
Duane Bozarth wrote:

You can usually pull the meter. But thats dicey if the wires from the meter to the panel have to be replaced.
Bud--