replacing lamp post in front of home

Do any of you have a ball-park figure for what it would cost to replace an electirc lamp post in front of my house? I suspect that there is a short i the post itself or in the buried line leading to it from the house (around 25' from the front door). I am selling the house, and am intersted in the approximate cost should it come up in negotiating the sales contract.
TIA, Pete K.
If it's just the lamp, I'd guess around $150. Could DIY for about $50.
If it's the feeder, that's about a days work of digging and fishing wire; hmmmm..... anywhere from $75 to $100/hour + material.
Of course, I'm not _actually_ an electrician, so my figures are probably correct to within +- 200%.
Of course, the other option can be accomplished with a hacksaw and some dirt... probably run about $1.75 for some blades.
On 1/11/2005 2:22 PM US(ET), Matt took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

My wife backed into a concrete filled 4" steel pipe holding up a basketball net on the side of our driveway. No damage to the car, but the pipe cracked at the base and was bent over a little bit. The pipe was only a couple of years old and set in concrete. Pushing the pipe back and forth a few times snapped it right off.. I used a small sledge hammer to bend over the small pieces of steel sticking up at the concrete base. Total cost for the removal = 0.
--
Bill

Well, there ya go then!
You got a wife, Pete?
yeah, but I don't want to damage her car.
:-)
Pete K.

The post does NOT have to be replaced. The post is a post and it only holds up the lamp fixture and carries a wire. What has to be replaced is something in the circuit, be it the fixture, the switch, or perhaps a portion of the wire at some joint. An electrician can trouble shoot it in 15 to 30 minutes and repair it in 5 minutes to 5 hours depending on the real problem.
low offers based over little stuff for a home purchase heh ...time is money Don't be a push over... time is money!! they're wasting yours,,, up the total price in Counter Offer a reasonable amount to cover wasted time. They don't want to buy from a cheapskate, and you certainly don't have time to waste just to sell to that one person.