replacing lamp post in front of home

Do any of you have a ball-park figure for what it would cost to replace an electirc lamp post in front of my house? I suspect that there is a short i the post itself or in the buried line leading to it from the house (around

25' from the front door). I am selling the house, and am intersted in the approximate cost should it come up in negotiating the sales contract.

TIA, Pete K.

Reply to
Pete K.

If it's just the lamp, I'd guess around $150. Could DIY for about $50.

If it's the feeder, that's about a days work of digging and fishing wire; hmmmm..... anywhere from $75 to $100/hour + material.

Of course, I'm not _actually_ an electrician, so my figures are probably correct to within +- 200%.

Reply to
Matt

Of course, the other option can be accomplished with a hacksaw and some dirt... probably run about $1.75 for some blades.

Reply to
Matt

On 1/11/2005 2:22 PM US(ET), Matt took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

My wife backed into a concrete filled 4" steel pipe holding up a basketball net on the side of our driveway. No damage to the car, but the pipe cracked at the base and was bent over a little bit. The pipe was only a couple of years old and set in concrete. Pushing the pipe back and forth a few times snapped it right off.. I used a small sledge hammer to bend over the small pieces of steel sticking up at the concrete base. Total cost for the removal = 0.

Reply to
willshak

Well, there ya go then!

You got a wife, Pete?

Reply to
Matt

The post does NOT have to be replaced. The post is a post and it only holds up the lamp fixture and carries a wire. What has to be replaced is something in the circuit, be it the fixture, the switch, or perhaps a portion of the wire at some joint. An electrician can trouble shoot it in

15 to 30 minutes and repair it in 5 minutes to 5 hours depending on the real problem.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

low offers based over little stuff for a home purchase heh ...time is money Don't be a push over... time is money!! they're wasting yours,,, up the total price in Counter Offer a reasonable amount to cover wasted time. They don't want to buy from a cheapskate, and you certainly don't have time to waste just to sell to that one person.

Reply to
bumtracks

yeah, but I don't want to damage her car.

:-)

Pete K.

Reply to
Pete K.