Replacement sump pump -- pump only?

Our battery backup sump pump worked OK for almost 11 years: ran every time I pressed the "Test" button -- until the day before we were leaving on vacation early the next morning. The battery was replaced 3 or 4 years ago (by a sealed one) and shows "charged."
I don't recall the make (and I'm still away from home), but it came from Lowe's and the pump itself looks like the "Wayne" ones I see online at Northern Tool.
I don't want to buy the whole package (including charger, battery box, and control unit) if I can help it. Any idea where I might be able to buy the pump (or a compatible one) on its own? (I am guessing that trying to repair the existing pump or buying a replacement from, e.g., Wayne would cost near enough as much as a whole new complete package.)
Perce
Is the pump a 6V or 12V DC motor or a 120V AC motor and the battery runs an invertor to step up the dc battery voltage to 60Hz AC?
On 11/9/2014 9:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

The pump runs directly from the 12V battery.
Perce
On 11/10/2014 1:11 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

would work? They have em in the RV and camping section.
On 11/10/2014 7:10 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think a bilge pump probably would fall in the category of many other cheap 12V pumps I see listed at HD, Lowe's, etc. "not for permanent installation."
Perce
On 11/10/2014 11:46 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I wonder if they mean "not for continuous duty". I'd dare to guess you don't put many hours on your backup sump?

If the battery is 4 years old, add that cost to whatever part you need. I'd guess it would be cheaper to buy a new setup.
On 11/9/2014 10:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I replaced the battery in our car at about 7 years only because winter was approaching and I didn't want to risk it being unable to crank the motor in cold weather. It gave no sign of being near the end of its life.
IAC, the "whole package" for most brands of battery-backup sump pump does not include the battery.
Perce
On Monday, November 10, 2014 1:16:49 AM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

If you get your drinking water from the town, and not your own well pump, get a Zoeller water powered backup pump. I have one, it saved me during Superstorm Sandy. No batteries to maintain or woory about.
On 11/10/2014 7:05 AM, Mikepier wrote:

Except that when we go away for more than a few days we turn off the water (and the water heater).
Perce

Having now returned from vacation, I have ascertained that the pump works fine when I simulate a high water level by lifting the float, but neither the "Test" button nor the "Reset" button works (the latter to cancel the alarm). I'll have to get at the innards of the controller to see if I can find the fault.
No markings on the unit to indicate the make.
Perce
On 11/20/2014 01:49 PM, I wrote:

Looks like the "Little Giant" that I see listed on eBay, but it's different from the ones I see listed elsewhere online. I am guessing that the one on eBay, although described as "New," is an old model -- as mine would be too.
Perce
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:47:30 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

If you ever do need a pump, in this case I thought you really needed a motor. and most cities have a motor store. Baltimore has 2 that I know of, but the first one I went to didnt' seem to have anything I might want. The second one has almost everything I want (except the motor for that 60 year old fan) Bring the old motor with you, even if it's still attached to the pump.

That's a specail feature that only works the night before a vacation.
But don't worry. If you turned off the water, you won't need a sump pump.

What brand was the whole thing. I'm thining of getting one.

On 11/26/2014 08:19 PM, micky wrote:

I opened up the controller and could see nothing obviously wrong: no "cooked" components. Since my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, I decided not to mess with the printed-circuit board but simply get a new backup-pump package. I decided against the "Basement Watchdog" line, as they are designed for use only with their own "wet" batteries and explicitly warn against using maintenance-free batteries. I also found that the 120V pump was only a 1/4HP Water Ace -- and now also 11 years old -- so I decided to replace that as well, and by something with more "oomph." Menards (Wisconsin-based chain) sells "Barracuda" sump pumps (made by Decko Products), including a whole package of preassembled 1/2HP 120V pump and battery-backup pump with a controller and charger designed for maintenance-free batteries. BUT that combination is too wide for our sump pit.
To cut a long story short, I ended up with a 3/4HP 120V UtiliTech pump (made by Glentronics) from Lowe's and a battery-backup system from Menards.
Perce