replacement panes?

I called a few shops about replacement window panes (the type with double glass and a gas inside), and they all want to make a big expensive deal out of it. Where can I order these panes myself? Thx.

IME they're not stocked items because there are too darn many sizes in use. The last time I had to replace a few which fogged up I called around locally until I found a place which did it on their premises, removed mine from their wood frames and brought them to the shop so they could be sure of the measurements.

As I recall they charged me about $30 each for about six casement window units around 4 feet high and 18 inches wide, and they used all new materials.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You want a big expensive deal? Try replacing glass in high wind areas. The new installation has to meet missle impact and design pressure rating requirements.

Tom Baker Charleston SC

Reply to
Tom Baker

- B -

- Nehmo - Lots of glass shops make them. It wouldn't do you any good for me to tell you where* I buy them because I'm in Kansas City, and you're in North Carolina somewhere. Unless you're far from civilization, it's doesn't make sense to get this kind of item shipped.

*Gate City Glass in Kansas City (816) 421-6082
Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev