replacement panes?

I called a few shops about replacement window panes (the type with double glass and a gas inside), and they all want to make a big expensive deal out of it. Where can I order these panes myself? Thx.
B wrote:

use. The last time I had to replace a few which fogged up I called around locally until I found a place which did it on their premises, removed mine from their wood frames and brought them to the shop so they could be sure of the measurements.
As I recall they charged me about $30 each for about six casement window units around 4 feet high and 18 inches wide, and they used all new materials.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

You want a big expensive deal? Try replacing glass in high wind areas. The new installation has to meet missle impact and design pressure rating requirements.
Tom Baker Charleston SC
- B -

- Nehmo - Lots of glass shops make them. It wouldn't do you any good for me to tell you where* I buy them because I'm in Kansas City, and you're in North Carolina somewhere. Unless you're far from civilization, it's doesn't make sense to get this kind of item shipped.
*Gate City Glass in Kansas City (816) 421-6082
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *