repairing weathered plywood siding

My house has plywood siding that is badly weathered. It is T-111 textured surface plywood. In a few places the top layer in the plywood is starting to blister and delaminate. It needs attention very soon. I think I can tack or staple the blistered layer down using stainless steel staples or tiny stainless nails, and then brush it clean and paint it. Maybe I should try to squirt something like caulk under the loose wood before I nail it down. To do that I would need an applicator that dispenses just tiny bits of caulk.
Does anyone here have experience repairing plywood siding? I would like to know your thoughts on the subject.
TIA Bill S.
Plywood will not look good nor last long with that type of repair, it should be replaced with something similar or covered with something else.

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 13:25:49 -0700, "Wrong Attitude"

Vinyl siding.

textured
starting
should
bits
Vinyl siding is UGLY. So is T-111, but less so. You gotta paint anyway, and t-111 is cheap. Replace the panel.
aem sends...