repairing driveway concrete

My Mom's driveway has what looks like a top layer of cement coming off in one place. It's not so much a hole but looks like they put a smooth top layer of "fine" concrete over "rough" concrete if this makes any sense.
I found this web page; does anyone else have experience with this and does this latex cement look like what I need. Thanks.
(scroll down to 'step #5' on the web page)
http://www.chase-pitkin.com/How-To/Projects/weather/concrete/concrete.htm
Frankston wrote:

Nice link.
Are you sure you want to try and repair that concrete? If I am correct it is a common problem usually cased by a poor mix, improper working of the concrete when it was installed or salt damage during the first year. I know of no long term fix, other than replacing it, that would work and not look worse than it does now. I had the problem with my home 12 years ago. It scaled the first year. Today it has not done any more and it is solid.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

The latex cement I used in the past took a long time to dry and doesn't stick that well - maybe a bad batch and/or my finishing technique. Color doesn't match and looks like a patch.
I much prefer the concrete refinisher - sticks well and could go in as thin as one grain of sand. Color match is still a challenge but you could refinish the whole driveway with this stuff.

Thanks for the tips, I had not heard of concrete refinsher, I will search around for it. Even if the color didn't match, I think any repair would look better than it does now. Note to anyone in central Texas: don't buy a Bill Milburn house. I wish this was the only problem we've seen.

checkout the step by step demo: http://www.packagepavement.com/concrete_resurfacer_movie.html
and here's 431 hits on quikrete concrete resurfacer: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=quikrete+concrete+resurfacer&btnG=Search