repair splice vinyle floor

Hello,
Which adhesive is best to use to repair a splice on a vinyl floor covering? This is where the 2 pieces are joined together and the 2 parts are lifting.
I've tried silicone adhesive but it doesn't hold. This is even after I stacked books on top of the splice overnight.
Thanks -

You need the special seam adhesive for vinyl and should be available at your local hardware store where the super glue section is.