repair of squirrel damage in attic

What type of material do I use to repair a one foot by four inches hole in attic caused by squirrels?They ate through the side of the attic above a gutter where there was no siding.I want to make a temporary repair until next spring when we are having other work done. Thanks
Screw on some sheet aluminum, Heavy guage.
Wait 10, 20 ,50 yrs. You will be the ASS that experimented, and HD now wont warranty your PUSS,,,,, Wake UP It lasts thousands of years done right ,, Bozo, YOU a BOZO , BOZO