Repair of "automatic burner"

An old -- no, no, make that an ancient -- Westinghouse electric stove has an inoperable "automatic burner." (It's one of the four burners.) The burner has some sort of sensor in its center (three wires plus a ground, in addition to the leads to the heating element). A replacement burner is no longer available for this stove (Model KAD40XW). How can I wire around the sensor to disable the automatic function and convert it to a normal burner? Wiring diagram anyone? Suggestions welcomed.
Rick
Hi Rick,
I don't have a diagram for that model#, but to convert most of these older sensor-burners, you have to replace the sensor- type switch - basically a thermostat, much like the one in the oven - with a regular switch, like those used on the other burners.
If yours is as old as I think it is, the regular switches are tough to find, too. You might be able to find out more on the classic appliance site's discussion group: http://classicappliances.com
Hope that's of some help...
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404