Removing Tiles from Cement Board Please Help

How difficult is it to remove ceramic tile from Cememt board? I used Mastic for adhesive? Will I be able to remove the tiles without destroying the cement board? Will I be able to re-use the cement board? Thanks in advance
May well be water soluble. http://www.humboldt1.com/~dspreen/board/messages/12966.html

traderfjp wrote:

I've never tried that. Why?
Hi traderfjp:
I've done this a couple of times. It's generally not too difficult, but it is time consuming. You will need to use an old chisel or perhaps a flat-bladed screwdriver. Wedge it under the edge of the tile and pry them away. Depending upon the mastic used, and how long the tiles have been installed you may find that the tiles pry up easily, or you may find that they crack apart and have to be nibbled away. Either way, you should be able to save the backerboard if you're careful.
Regards, John.
Well. I guess I was hoping that the consensus is that mastic is easy to get off cement board and that the tile would come right off. I guess I'll try prying off a few tiles and see what I'm in store for.
Best way is get the biggest heaviest sledge you can get and start over from scratch. Honestly it isnt worth it.

Thing is, if it does come off easilly, the bodes poorly for any future attachment of tile to that same board. So even if you can salvage the board, it's not worthwhile.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two devitations to get cool.