Removing Streaked Paint from Brick

We are considering the purchase of a two story home, with aluminum siding on the top and brick on the first story. The paint from the aluminum siding has washed down and streaked on the brick.
Has anybody been *successful* in removing this streaked paint from brick?
Thanks in advance. Please respond to group so all can learn.
BubbaL
bubbalouie wrote:

Really tough stuff to get off.
I have done it by sandblasting it. That is not easy and may damage the surface of the bricks.
Chemistry may help, but I find that it does not get the paint out of the pores. I have seen some information on products that use a matt to hold the chemical materials on the brick and then the matt is pulled off. However I have not had any personal experience with it.
In any of the three methods, I suggest you should expect to do the process on the whole brick area, as it will look different otherwise.
Power washers are another possible option. I don't know how well they might work as when I had the problem powerwashers were not an option.
If you do buy the place, you should repaint with a non-chalking paint or it will just come back.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Although quite time consuming, I have found that a very course grit sandpaper on a sander gives the best results - gets you down to a fresh layer of brick. Be sure to wear a mask because the dust can raise hell with your lungs.

Use paint remover and a powerwasher
We are considering the purchase of a two story home, with aluminum siding on the top and brick on the first story. The paint from the aluminum siding has washed down and streaked on the brick.
Has anybody been *successful* in removing this streaked paint from brick?
Thanks in advance. Please respond to group so all can learn.
dg