Removing Stale Gas Odor from Hands

I was just working on a small engine with stale gas. I came in the house and that is all I smell, and that smell is horid. I washed my hands with Goop, Lemon dish detergent, and even straight bleach. I still cant get rid of that odor.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
businessman

Cut the beans out of your diet.

Reply to
Rich

Boraxo powdered hand soap is the overall best.

Waterless cleaner from an auto store is probably good.

To make it easy to clean one's hands, take liquid dish soap and rub it into your hands like lotion, in advance. Then the dirty sits on top of the soap, at least in the cracks and mabye everywhere.

Reply to
mm

Pick up some dog poop and mush it around in your hands, it works every time.

Reply to
Mark_Ransley

Vinegar and baking soda, leave it on for 10 minutes. Do not use household bleach on skin. Follow up with a small dab of petroleum jelly and work into the hands.

Reply to
Phisherman

Believe it or not diet cola does a great job of cleaning your hands and removing most odors.

And because there is no sugar in it your hands will not be sticky.

Try it.

Reply to
greg6755

Never heard of this.

I never had athletes foor for more than a week until I was 52. And I only had it 3 or 4 times and it went away without any effort on my part.

About 8 years ago I got it between my little toe on one foot and the two adjoining toes, and it doesn't go away, and it doesn't spread.

Powder makes it subside, but then it comes back.

Strangely, I got it when I hadn't been to any hotels or locker rooms, and when I had spent more time without socks than ever before. I thought being with socks made athlete's foot grow, and without socks kept your feet dry.

What does this do to the color of your body hair?

Reply to
mm

The vinegar and baking soda worked pretty good. Thanks.

Just curious why not to use bleach on skin? Swimming pools are loaded with bleach. I have been putting bleach in bath water all my life. I my parents did it, and they said it was to prevent bacteria on the skin that causes athletes foot and other similar conditions. It never bothers me. About half cup for a tub of water.

Reply to
businessman

I know this is getting off topic, but are you sure it's athletes foot? I get a thing called Chillblaines in cold weather. It's the skin semi-freezes and causes the blood vessels to burst. The itching is almost unbearable. I thought it was athletes foot, but it took 5 doctors to finally identify the chillblaines. The odd thing is that when the temperatures are severely cold in mid winter, I rarely get the red-raised lumps between the toes. It's late fall and early spring when my feet sweat in rubber boots, then get chilled. This is a fairly rare, and there is no cure for it. The itching is beyond bearable. The doctor gives me cortosone cream, which is of little help. The last few times they gave me an anti-inflamatory medication which helps somewhat. It lasts about 5 to 8 days and they just go away. You could have that rather than atheltes foot. Athletes foot is a fungus, chillblaines is not a fungus or bacteria, it's inside the toes themselves. You can google some info about it, but there is not too much online.

I have never had athletes foot, but from what I was told from other that have had it. it's irritating but tolerable. This chillblaines is beyond tolerable. The itching is so severe I cant sleep at night.

Nothing.....

Reply to
businessman